Google
 

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Grand Day Out... ish!


We were in London in September and I'd told the gang we were all going for a nice walk in the Kew area along the Thames. I'd thought it would be no longer than 8-10km. We started at Kew Gardens station with nice pub lunch (see Bangers & Mash photo!) and had a most pleasant afternoon, strolling-chatting, catching up. Couple of pub stops later and it was getting dark-ish, and boy oh boy, it was turning out to be a r-e-a-l-l-y long walk. Everyone was good-natured about it, except Mark was limping by now. Turns out he's hurt his ankle at the gym earlier in the week but had not wanted to spoil our day. Awwww... poor Marky Mark. We finally made it back to where we'd started, 16km later... according to Sian's calculation. I know, I know... my bad!

* Erik took this photo though, not me.

No comments: