Google
 

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Are you arachnophobic?


Went for a super-quick overnighter to Cameron Highlands this week with Erik and visiting sis-in-law, Eva. On a hike, we came across this cool spider web. It's the biggest and most intricate one I've ever seen. Kinda reminded me of the monster web they found in a Texas park around the same time. OK, so it was nowhere near as big but it still was pretty cool.

Speaking of spiders, there are lots in Cameron's so if you're paranoid about them, be warned. My sis-in-law came out of the bathroom that same morning and told me she had trapped a big spider with really long legs underneath the water scoop, and would I kindly release it into the outdoors! So I went in there and slid the laminated room-service menu card between the floor and the scoop, picked everything up and went into the garden and released it. I actually am very used to catching spiders in the house and releasing them, having had to do it a lot as my housemate at university was a bit of an arachnophobe. She would get hysterical if a spider was anywhere near her.

No comments: