Google
 

Friday, February 9, 2007

Flyin' High


That's right people... those are my feet! I'm on a tandem paraglider, soarin' high with the hawks in the skies of Pokhara, Nepal. After seeing that I wasn't fazed at all, Jamie the English pilot (who's with Frontiers Paragliding, a reputable company in Lakeside run by Adam Hill) decided we were gonna do some acrobatics... and so that's how we ended up corkscrewing down towards the grounds at a scary speed, with my screams echoing up and down the valley... Erik later commented our little stunt was just like in the cartoons albeit a very scary one, where he was sure we would end up burrowing into the ground and making a little crater.

At first, I had my eyes shut, then I opened them and saw a golden yellow blur. Then I realised I was looking at the wheat fields. That could only mean one thing - we were completely horizontal and spiralling down towards the ground. I panicked, then I thought, Jamie knows what he's doing... and hey, this is kinda fun!

It was brilliant fun, and Jamie was very glad I didn't throw up. If you ever get a chance to go tandem paragliding, just do it.

No comments: